Birch Tree Bandits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had three mature white birches at the entryway to our driveway. Two fell in the last 6 years, and I cut and stacked them close to the third one that is still standing, real easy access from the road.

Curiously, several neighbors subsequently have little displays of white birch logs in their front doorways in plain sight. I guess they were just inspired by the stack and picked some up at the grocery store. Hopefully not from these illegal snatch and grabs from the article.

Anything for a buck...very sad indeed.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Sad. I hope that article doesn't give even more people ideas about illegal scrounging.

If it is indeed meth heads they will stop at nothing....even if it means losing their life. They got a call south of here about a power issue...upon arrival they found a meth head still attached to the copper wiring he was attempting to steal from a industrial complex that had been vacated. He wrongly assumed the power had been shut off...he won't be stealing anymore.