Birthday Wood...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Well guys, the birthday is approaching and the husband asked what I want....I said a cord of fine seasoned hardwood. He nearly choked on his spit...but that's what I am getting, going to put away for next year. I also requested a wood shed to be built this summer for the seasoned stuff so we are looking into that. I also scored some free wood. I know someone that just cut down 6 trees in his yard and is looking to get rid of them. Life is sweet. The husband said to me do you know what I want for my birthday? a splitter. I said we are officially wood stove junkies... :lol:

Sound's like it should work out OK. ; )

LOL A marriage made in heaven !!!

Shawn

uhh this could go a couple of ways when you tell him that. haha

The wood shed would really make life easier. I keep debating building one. If you build one make it big enough to hold 2 years worth of wood so you can always have next years drying and divide each side. That also makes things slick as can be.

Happy b-day.

pen

oldspark said:
I'm taking the high road!

I'm not....

Birthday wood ??? Is that like Morning wood ?????

Shawn

Come on now guys, do you want my thread to get closed or deleted...you buggers!!!!!Typical men

Some good hardwood and a shed to boot sounds pretty good. Have you considered one of those small carports for a woodshed? You can use them to store wood and also some of that equipment, like the splitter that will be finding a home there soon. This could work out very well.

Although you would not have to go this far with a carport, we put ours up but totally enclose it. Our plan was to store 6 cord plus equipment and even a car. Dang, it sure filled up fast!

You can see 3 cord of wood behind the atv. We also planned on stacking another 3 cord on the opposite side but that got claimed for other things so only the 3 cord in there.

Atv-1.jpg

EDIT: Added another picture.

Newbarn-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.