BIS Tradition CE Insulation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wisconsin Guy

Sep 14, 2022
Madison WI
One of the blowers (BIS Tradition CE Fireplace) was making noise, so after the fire was out I took the front facade off to check it. A 8"X10" piece of some insulation has fallen onto the blower from the bottom of a blanket that covers the back wall, it seems to be just hanging there and the blower was moving it around. How important is that insulation? How would I replace it? I don't see it listed as a part, what would I replace it with?

Can you post some pictures of what you are seeing and where the insulation chunk came from? Is it from the rear casing?

Reactions: Wisconsin Guy
These pic are looking over the top of the fire box, to the back. That insulation is held in place by 4 squar metal tabs. You can see the right side is in rough shape. the piece in my hand is what fell off onto the blower.

IMG_4878.jpeg IMG_4877.jpeg IMG_4876.jpeg

That looks like the rear casing insulation which is important to maintain safe clearances. This looks repairable. Even wedging in some 2" kaowool or ceramic insulation in that corner would help.

That looks like the rear casing insulation which is important to maintain safe clearances. This looks repairable. Even wedging in some 2" kaowool or ceramic insulation in that corner would help.
That whole rear piece is falling apart on the right sde. I would like to just replace the whole piece of insulation, but not sure where or what to get. That isn't listed a a part.

That whole rear piece is falling apart on the right sde. I would like to just replace the whole piece of insulation, but not sure where or what to get. That isn't listed a a part.
I think that's because it is not a replaceable part or expected to fail over the lifetime of the fireplace. The insulation appears to be defective. This would be a good one to contact BIS about.