BIS Ultra question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

upnorth9986

Jan 26, 2007
Finally got our BIS ultra fired up for the first time in our new home. Coming from a free stand lopi at our old house, it is a bit different, but I do like the built in look A LOT :).
The only thing im not liking is the log supports on the inside floor of the firebox. I figured I would try it out first before I made the decision, but I would rather have them removed, especially when I go to remove the ashes.
I looked in the manual to see how I could remove (or install) the log supports, but no luck.
I imagine there can't be that much to it, but I figured I would ask on here first if any of you have ever removed the log supports on the bottom?
Thanks in advance

I have not removed mine but, I have just replaced the floor. The log holders are held in place with Philips screws. If you pull up the bottom plate you will see how to get them out. Pretty easy I would guess. Look for and PM "discoinferno" I think he may have removed his. Oh yeah - Welcome to the BIS family ( a small but happy group)

Status
Not open for further replies.