Bixby corn stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saichele

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Anybody know anything about these? Wife got a spam email from one of the semi-local dealers, and thought it was not as ugly as most pellet and corn stoves. Which moves it into the possible category.

Thanks
Steve

Yup go to iburncorn. You will find that they are the priciest of the corn stoves and that you do have to buy the proprietary exhaust pipe from them and get ***** for that along the way. Beyond the cost people seem to like them. Depending on where you live a multifuel might better serve you though unless you live in corn country. Trust me when I say that unless you live in the Midwest you won't get corn for $2.50 a bushel. With the corn prices going as high as they have in the last 3 weeks you might someday find wood pellets being a better deal or perhaps pits ect. Versatility is usually a good thing.

The Bixby is a little pricier but it is a really nice stove. We purchased one and are in the process of installing it in the showroom. It can burn pellets etc. as well. Self cleaning pot the auger system is supposed to be unjammable extremely clean burning. The downsides were mentioned by Driz, mainly the propietary pipe, though I think it's in line with other direct vent corn pipe on the market. Self igniting, thermostat capable though from reading the manual I believe the thermostat control is high/low not on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.