bixby maxfire low heat output

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Most hardware lowes, home depot cary single wall elbow

Today I broke down my stove pipe. Removed 3inch plate cover pulled rubber hose and stuck it through the hole like you said. I started connecting 3inch exhaust pipe but didn't finish. Tomorrow I will get pvc pipe for fresh air intake. I do have high temp tape and will wrap joints. Is there any other pipe elbow I can use since Menards isn't near me?Thank you.
You have to use the same pipe for elbows as the other pipes assuming you are referring to exhaust pipe.

today I started my Bixby stove and when the ignitor kicked in there was smoke coming out at the bottom where I believe you put starter pipe.is there any way I can seal that 3inch and fasten it to bottom vent its a 3 inch 45 degree elbow.thanks.

today I started my Bixby stove and when the ignitor kicked in there was smoke coming out at the bottom where I believe you put starter pipe.is there any way I can seal that 3inch and fasten it to bottom vent its a 3 inch 45 degree elbow.thanks.
Some how I don't think we are talking about the same pipe. The smoke you seen should be coming out of the 3inch exh pipe. This is the one inside the 5 inch pipe. The black rubber hose was connected to the fresh air inlet. We removed that black hose. from that stubby short pipe. You can plug it with a cap but I don't see how exhaust could come out of it.
What are you talking about when you say a 45 degree elbow? I am confused.

I'm sorry for the confusion obviously I didn't make it clear.The smoke is coming from 3 inch galvanized exhaust pipe.The smoke is coming from area of where the 5 inch pipe was fastened located at bottom of stove.What used to be 5 inch is now 3 inch my configuration is 45degree elbow joined with 90degree elbow joined with straight 3 ft out through wall to outside.I hope that makes sense again I apologize for the error.

Hey Rona I think the part needed is called an appliance adapter.Was surfing on the net and that's how I found out.Is there any way to seal this elbow pipe to where the adapter goes?Most stores are out of this part and want to run stove asap.

Hey Rona I think the part needed is called an appliance adapter.Was surfing on the net and that's how I found out.Is there any way to seal this elbow pipe to where the adapter goes?Most stores are out of this part and want to run stove asap.
I forgot to mention that am using duravent piping for my configuration also burning hardwood pellets.

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me get my stove running.I took apart the exhaust motor and housing and couldn't believe the amount of dirt cleaned out of there.I finally gave it the cleaning it deserved and got rewarded for it.Special thanks to Rona who was patint and understanding.

Reactions: tlc1976