BK Sirocco 25 Thermostat Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jrny

Dec 12, 2023
Catskills
Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue before I make a call to my local shop that installed the insert.

As the title suggests, I have a Blaze King Sirocco 25 that was installed this past February. It's been working great up until the last two loads.

It seems as if the thermostat is stuck on high, and the damper is stuck wide open. When moving the thermostat knob I'm not hearing the flapping sound in any position. I removed the bottom cover and the rod moves when I move the thermostat knob. Any other things I can check, and possibly fix myself, before requesting a service call?

Thanks in advance.

When you rotate the knob to low, you suggest the blade does not move...correct? Can you tap on the blade with a long shaft screwdriver and does it drop then?

BKVP