Black chimney pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

max384

Nov 28, 2015
Eagle Rock, PA
Maybe my Google-fu is weak, but I can't seem to find any outdoor black chimney pipe. I'll soon be installing my new wood stove, and I'd REALLY prefer black chimney pipe, as opposed to the bare metal look. However, the only black double-walled pipe I can find is stove pipe meant for indoor use.

Does this exist?

If not, can I just paint with high-temp paint?

Or am I stuck with a bare metal chimney if I want to burn wood?

olympia's ventis can be powder coated as well for a 25% upcharge

Reactions: max384
Those prices look about normal for class-A chimney pipe. A full length chimney will usually cost about as much as the stove.

Those prices look about normal for class-A chimney pipe. A full length chimney will usually cost about as much as the stove.

The black chimney piece that was linked was $90 for a one-foot section. That seems to be about 3-4 times the cost per foot of what I've been finding for regular metal chimney pipe.

Wipe it down with some white vinegar and paint it with some high temp paint. We do it all the time, it holds up pretty well.

Reactions: max384
Status
Not open for further replies.