Blackwell P24 Auger motor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kurtlin1

Sep 23, 2019
Ottawa, ON
Hi, I need to replace my auger motor in my 1994 Breckwell p24 pellet stove. (standalone).

The motor I took out is a 4rpm but I see a lot of 1rpm motors for sale and heard about an upgrade. Can someone advise me which one I should be buying? I do have an upgraded control board.

Thanks

The control board dictates wich auger motor can be used. If you have this board F6C683B0-C72F-41CA-B443-177D9067BF88.png
You will need the new wire harness and a 1 rpm motor.

If you have this board you will need a 4rpm motor
05219DDC-B0DD-4D9D-A9B1-DFBF33A02CCF.png

Ok awesome! Thx! I have the first board I think. But I had a 4rpm auger.
20190923_121432.jpg

Since I'm switching, is the 1 rpm a better motor?
I'm guessing I can go to the 1 rpm possibly just with a new wire harness as well?

The original board for Breckwell p24 has a 6 pin molex connector. The new board has a 10 pin molex. So unless sombody allready completed the harness upgrade or it needs to be changed. The auger motors are pretty much the same, the diff is in the gearbox. Some pics of your plugs and harness we should be able to see if you need the harness or not

Ah now I remember. I changed the harness when I changed the panel. It was awhile ago.
20190923_144842.jpg

So I have the 10pin as you said.

Is there any performance difference then between the 1 rpm and the 4 rpm?

No thats the 10 pin.

6pin looks like this
22BD2093-990F-458B-877F-A97C19AACDF6.jpeg
As for your performance question.
The board you have now is programmed to use a 1rpm auger motor.
The board you replaced uses a 4rpm. It will not play well with your new board. It will over feed the stove and could be a fire hazard

Ah now I remember. I changed the harness when I changed the panel. It was awhile ago. View attachment 247993

So I have the 10pin as you said.

Is there any performance difference then between the 1 rpm and the 4 rpm?

Oh wait...is that a 6 pin connection?
No thats the 10 pin.

6pin looks like this
View attachment 248005
As for your performance question.
The board you have now is programmed to use a 1rpm auger motor.
The board you replaced uses a 4rpm. It will not play well with your new board. It will over feed the stove and could be a fire hazard
Wow! Ok thanks so much! I will order a 1rpm then.

Cheers!