Blaze King install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clydesdale55

Oct 7, 2023
Indiana
Replacing 20 plus yr VC castings XL Dutchwest with new Blazeking 40. ICC Ultra Black pipe in good shape is too long for new stove. Is it safe to cut off 6 inches of 36 length pipe for straight run out roof.

Replacing 20 plus yr VC castings XL Dutchwest with new Blazeking 40. ICC Ultra Black pipe in good shape is too long for new stove. Is it safe to cut off 6 inches of 36 length pipe for straight run out roof.
I’ve cut single wall for sure but I don’t know if your ultra black is single or double wall. Is this a slip joint? Do you have a slip joint? You will need to regularly remove the stove pipe from the king for maintenance so you want it easy to remove.

I thought about cutting the top of the top pipe that slips into crimped end on bottom of ceiling box . There was a strap that fastened around the pipe. Thanks

The existing pipe is ICC 8 inch and I’ve tried to buy a 8 inch slip length adapter having no luck finding one. The part number I have on one is XB8UB6SF any ideas where I can get one?(8 inch pipe) Thanks