Blaze king princess installation question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crowinghen

Oct 2, 2012
One of the things on our list of projects is to put in a block off plate above our BK princess insert that we had installed last year.
We pulled the insert out a little and noticed that in the rear of the unit, where the liner and the insert meet the liner was just sitting in the hole of the insert, no screw or furnace cement or anything,l. Does that seem right? Shouldn't there be more of a connection between the two? Also right above this where the liner meets an elbow it's just taped, and not very well. Is that normal?
First pic is tape between insulated liner and elbow. 2nd pic is of end of liner, 3rd pic is rear of insert where the pipe goes in.

IMG_20220815_144655667.jpg IMG_20220815_143423824.jpg IMG_20220815_143446353.jpg

sorry, that's not an elbow, but a fitting that goes between the flex liner and the stove.

You’ll get responses from more knowledgeable individuals than me, shortly. But my novice feedback is it’s absolutely not cool. Should be a clamp and maybe some screws holding that all together snug.

Well the liner should be secured with fasteners to the flue collar. There are 3 predrilled holes for that purpose.

The high temp tape is used regularly. We have used it in gas vent connections for decades. It also has to be done comprehensively. I cannot tell if the connection is secure, so have that verified.

so it goes
Liner
terminator piece taped to liner by high temp tape
then INTO flue collar and screwed
any sealant applied there as well between the end of liner and flue collar?
thanks!

Last edited:
The liner should be secured to the stainless flue adapter with a band clamp. The fitting has a socket that the liner inserts into. This prevents creosote drip which is important with these stoves. These adapters come in straight and in 15º & 30º elbows with the band clamp.

liner appliance adapter straight.pngliner appliance adapt elbows.png

Last edited:
The liner should be secured to the stainless flue adapter with a band clamp. The fitting has a socket that the liner inserts into. This prevents creosote drip which is important with these stoves. These adapters come in straight and in 15º & 30º elbows with the band clamp.

View attachment 297933View attachment 297934

I have seen band clamps fail during aggressive cleaning. I'd use BOTH if it was my install.

Is there some sealant that goes between the flue collar and the pipe? ( in addition to screws) thanks
High temp furnace cement works great.