Blaze King princess ultra & Dura Vent ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedNecker

Hearth Supporter
Mar 21, 2010
SC
Has anyone used the Dura Vent 3'x6"" flex pipe instead of two elbows?
If so, is it a good replacement for the elbows? I only need a 6" offset & do not want to use 45 degree elbows.

My stove came with several fire bricks scattered around on the bottom of the fire box.
Besides the vertical fire bricks around the perimeter, how are the horizontal fire bricks stacked.

I have enough for 4 rows around the bottom & a couple in the beside the ash pipe.

Is the bottom supposed to be covered?

Thanks,

I have a king ultra and while moving it up a flight of stairs we took the bricks out to make it lighter. I did not record the way the went in at the time. I then called my dealer and he got the brick layout from blazeking.
I would think if you called them at tech support they would be able to get the firebrick layout to you.

Thank you both for the response.
I had been to BlazeKing site & did not find this info. The link was exactly what I needed. I printed it out & will put them in the right order.

Now anyone with info about using the 3'x6" flex double wall stove pipe from Dura Vent?

I had hoped that someone had used it. It looks like it would be better than to 45 degree elbow.
Their brochure shows using two 15 degree elbows with an 18" pipe section between them to give a 6" offset. But they do not seem to manufacture that size anymore.

I used two 45s back to back to get my offset. No problems. EDIT...I did it in the stove pipe not the chimney. Don't think 45s are allowed in the chimney any more.

I guess you probably realize you can only get a certain discrete set of offset distances
with two 45's - depending on what if anything you put in between them. The two
primary lines of double-wall connector-pipe (Selkirk DSP and Simpson DVL) give you
different offset-distance possibilities; you need to look at the "offset table" in their
respective brochures.

You may also want to consider the possibility that you do not really need double-wall
connector. Mine works just fine with single-wall (and I only have about 24" of rise
before my 45's); I guess my chimney just draws really well.

Thanks all for the responses.

I finally got a call through to DuraTech. The Flex pipe has to be in a liner & cannot be used exposed.
They do not have a 15 or 30 dergree elbow to be used indoors.
The smallest indoor DVL elbow is the 45 degree.

Two 45degree elbows with a 6" pipe between them will give me about 7" offset.

RedNecker said:
The smallest indoor DVL elbow is the 45 degree.
Two 45degree elbows with a 6" pipe between them will give me about 7" offset.

Yes, the possibilities are 4-1/2, 7-7/8, 12-3/32, ...

With Selkrik DSP you can get 6, 9-1/2, 13-1/2, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.