blazeking thermostat question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohiojoe13

Feeling the Heat
Dec 22, 2014
alliance ohio
I have a ashford 30.1. When I run the stove on high (6 o'clock position) will the thermostat close before it over fires? Or does running it at that position over ride the closing of the flapper. The reason. I ask is because I have never seen the flames die down while running on high. But as soon as the adjust the dial the slightest bit down. I hear the click and the flames die down. Is there a way to test the thermostat?

It will closed enough to avoid over fire the stove but for what I understand it will not closed completely. After all at that point, we asking for high demand. Maybe somebody else have a better term to explain it but that is the way I think it works.

It will closed enough to avoid over fire the stove but for what I understand it will not closed completely. After all at that point, we asking for high demand. Maybe somebody else have a better term to explain it but that is the way I think it works.
That's a good explanation. It won't shut the stove down because you are asking for maximum output. Max output is still regulated by the thermostat to prevent an overfire. Just make sure your bypass and gaskets are good.

If your door gasket and bypass gaskets are good (and both are closed), and you are using wood for fuel, the stove should not overfire on any thermostat setting including 100%.