Blazer pellet opinions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yrock87

Aug 26, 2014
Fairbanks, AK
So, with limited choices, poor supply and an approaching winter. I bought 4 tons of Blazer Pellets shipped in from Oregon. I haven't received them yet.

Any opinions on Blazers?

I have heard from folks up here that they are the best available. And the wait list when I ordered was 40 pages and two months long. Opposed to the local made Superior Pellet which had no wait list and is considered ashy (still bought 4 tons a month ago for fear of not having anything to burn)

I'm interested in this as well. I'm adding another 2 tons and considered this brand.

Blazer's at one time were considered the hottest pellet's, top of JTakeman's list at one time, any douglas fir pellet is great.

I just saw them $239/ ton at home depot

I have two tons, so far so good. Being how the mill is 15 miles from me, many around here burn them. Haven't heard many complaints.

They run super hot in my Englander, with really low ash

You all very lucky to have awesome pellets that cheap around you!!

A very good DF product for the money! Not my favorite, but worth purchasing at $239 per ton

My 4 tons jut arrived. Sadly I pay 297 dye to shipping. Also, the manufacturer apparently charges for the skids themselves. So now I need to bring them back to HD after stacking in my garage. I haven't tried them out yet but will post once I do. They will likely be my mid winter pellet as I havs 4 tons of a local ashy spruce pellet

I got some from a local HD last winter for $219.00/ton. I love'd 'em.
They burned real hot, with little ash!
Can't find any locally this year.
If I could, that's all I would use.

Status
Not open for further replies.