Blazers or Minute Man Gold Douglas Fir Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gman12

Sep 16, 2011
Rutland, MA
Does anyone have any experience with either of these pellets? Is one better than the other? Blazers say they are 8700 BTU .14% Ash and the Minute Man Gold says 8700 BTU and .21% Ash. Based on Ash Blazers seems best, but curious on overall performance wise on both. Also is it better doing one of these Douglas Fir Pellets or going with a ton of Vermont Softwood's? Thanks for anyone's feedback and advise.

I can get either Blazers or Minute Man Gold for $345 a ton or Vermonts for $315 a ton.

I personally wouldn’t pay that much a ton for pellets, even the good stuff. For $100 less a ton, I don’t mind emptying the ash bin three times a week instead of one or two times a week. Having said that, both brands of pellets you mentioned product good heat with low ash. For your price points, I’d go with Vermont’s.