Douglas Fir Softwood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

melissaleigh26

Aug 28, 2019
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
We live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and burn 8-10 tons of pellets per year in our house. We have two pellet stoves, one in the living room and one in the basement - both Harmans - and burn the Douglas Fir softwood pellets. We normally get them from Michigan Wood Products out of Grayling, MI but because we didn't preorder early enough this year we might have to find them elsewhere. We aren't really interested in any other type of pellet. The Douglas Fir burn the hottest we have found with the lowest amount of ash and dust. Anyone know where we can get the Douglas Fir pellets from the west coast? We can become a dealer if need be. That sounds like the best route at this point.

I'm with you regarding the doug fir. I burn the Packsaddle pellets made here in Oregon by Frank Lumber Company . I paid $209/ton this year. Here's their info:
Address: 47983 E Lyons Mill City Dr, Lyons, OR 97358
Phone: (503) 897-2371