Block off plate question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

etiger2007

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2012
Clio Michigan
hi everyone hope all is well, well I'm finally getting to the block off plate and my question is, is zinc plated sheet metal ok to use? I got it from Home Depot and its 26 gauge. Just don't want to install it and have it produce harmful emissions, thanks all for your replies

That will work fine. The galvanized plate won't get hot enough to be an issue. Regular GE Silicone II can be used to seal around the edges, but not around the liner.

I do not know the answer but I was at home depot the otherday. they had zinc plated sheet metal in the isle with aluminum L channel.

but they also had galvanized sheet metal in the heating and AC isle w central air filters and such. I bought the galvanized.

Galvinized and zinc coated are two different words for the same thing. Either one was a good/equil choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.