Blood everywhere!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
firefighterjake said:
Uh I don't know . . . saw Devil's Club for the first time while visiting my sister in Portage, Alaska . . . it kind of puts most blackberry and raspberry thorned bushes that I see here in Maine to shame.

Ummm . . .you're not actually supposed to go *in* the devil's club thickets, Jake. I'm hoping your sister 'splained that to you.

ironpony said:
my worst blood experience was;
cutting a board with a dewalt circular saw
. . . blood all over, was afraid to look down
3 stitches fixed it
. . .

Reminds me of a story . . . person who tells it said he was inside talking to a friend and heard a saw start to jam. Said to friend, "I better go out there before ____ cuts his fingers off." Headed out the door just as ____ came in, as it's told, with "too many fingers in one hand, and not enough on the other." Then the poor guy was told to hold his hand out the truck window on the way to the hospital, because he was getting blood on the new upholstry. Puts a bad day into perpsective, yes?

bleh.

everyone has bled from injuries at one point or another (or maybe you haven't lived) but until you "open or release" that first artery, you haven't seen bleeding yet! still remember the first artery i cut---wow! what an eye opener that was! sliced it on some metal and thought oh crap...until i looked at it and saw the squirting and thought OH CRAP!

snowleopard said:
firefighterjake said:
Uh I don't know . . . saw Devil's Club for the first time while visiting my sister in Portage, Alaska . . . it kind of puts most blackberry and raspberry thorned bushes that I see here in Maine to shame.

Ummm . . .you're not actually supposed to go *in* the devil's club thickets, Jake. I'm hoping your sister 'splained that to you.

ironpony said:
my worst blood experience was;
cutting a board with a dewalt circular saw
. . . blood all over, was afraid to look down
3 stitches fixed it
. . .

Reminds me of a story . . . person who tells it said he was inside talking to a friend and heard a saw start to jam. Said to friend, "I better go out there before ____ cuts his fingers off." Headed out the door just as ____ came in, as it's told, with "too many fingers in one hand, and not enough on the other." Then the poor guy was told to hold his hand out the truck window on the way to the hospital, because he was getting blood on the new upholstry. Puts a bad day into perpsective, yes?

bleh.

Oh no . . . I stayed clear of those nasty looking plants.

I got bloody this fall while cutting a downed beech tree. Scared the hell outta me! I started counting fingers, checking my legs, then I found the source! Seems the old opossum was playing opossum in the log!

Attachments

• 10-05-10_1039.jpg
    10-05-10_1039.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 134
Greenfield Dave said:
I got bloody this fall while cutting a downed beech tree. Scared the hell outta me! I started counting fingers, checking my legs, then I found the source! Seems the old opossum was playing opossum in the log!
Ewwww! That's kind of what I thought had happened, except the tree I was cutting wasn't big enough to hold a possum, so I was thinking mouse....

He still looks like he's faking it, doesn't he? Just that expression on his face . . . another example that puts a bad day into perspective--"there I was, minding my own business . . . " be tempting to take it to a taxidermist just to watch them try to let you down easy.

snowleopard said:
He still looks like he's faking it, doesn't he? Just that expression on his face . . . another example that puts a bad day into perspective--"there I was, minding my own business . . . " be tempting to take it to a taxidermist just to watch them try to let you down easy.

I thought he was faking it at first, but then I noticed he had no back legs! I think he was waiting for Houdini to put him back together!

Status
Not open for further replies.