Blower Fan Exhaust Temperature from stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy2000

Hearth Supporter
Mar 14, 2007
www.murphysmachines.com
I'm new to burning wood and purchased an Enviro Venice 1700.

There is no good way to mount a thermometer to the stove to get an accurate reading so I was thinking that maybe I could better monitor the stove temp by monitoring the temperature of the hot air coming out the top of the stove from the blower fan.

I'm wondering what temperatures you guys are seeing?

I stuck a kitchen thermometer in there the other day and got 250 degree air coming out.

Thanks,

Congratulations. That's a very attractive insert that we don't see enough of here.

What about dead center on the door face? SBI, Morso and Vogelzang have a smaller, dark faced magnetic thermometer that I think would fit there and not look bad.

http://bit.ly/gawpxc

Isn't the door face cooled by the air-wash over the glass? I would think that the more the more the air control is opened, the cooler the relative temperature of the door face due to the air-wash.

Am I missing something here?

It's still relative and will get a lot more heat due to the radiation from the fire. The temps are just a guideline to burning. I suspect that on the door they will be more consistent than at the blower outlet. The best way to find out for sure is to try it with a magnetic, stovetop themometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.