blowers, anyone go from no blower to runnin one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acesover

May 19, 2008
Long Island, NY
i just curious as to what the consensus is on stove blowers im considering buying one. has anyone gone from no blow to running a blower and how long did you not have one.

I bought and installed the optional blower kit on my new stove. The old smoke dragon didn't have one. So far, I haven't run it much. Our temps are getting cold (highs in the 30, dropping below 20 at night), but we're not in the deep freeze yet. I may use it more in very cold weather. I'm finding that the new stove is so much more efficient that it heats the house a lot faster than the old stove.

Usually shut ours off after about 6 hours burning. Just too much heat.

Good for cooling the firebox though.

I did not have a blower at first, now I have one. When I burn and want to force heat upstairs I have a box fan in a vent that goes to the upstairs hallway.

At night I don't run the fan due to noise but I put the blower on the stove set at about 3/4 of full speed. It keeps the entire house warm enough at night.

The reason that I don't run the blower all the time is because it would get to hot to sit in the stove room. As soon as I turn it on I can really feel the difference!

I think they are worth it!

Just started reading this thread, and I saw that they have blowers at Home Hardware for $200....can these be used with an old fisher stove? How exactly do they work? Electricity? And they sit behind the stove?

you can find them cheaper on the net, I did.

if the back bottom of your stove has holes then the blower bolts up to it and blows air up the back and then the rear heat shield directs it across the top of your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.