• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Long time no post I just wanted to share this humorous video because I have been to so many home behind other service techs that charge 400$ for pellet service and don't clean blowers.
Every appliance I service I will pull blowers that can be removed and clean.
Blower cleaning

Many inserts have the blower sitting below the ashlip, right at floor level. The blower sucks in ash, dust, and pet hair like crazy in these stoves.

Long time no post I just wanted to share this humorous video because I have been to so many home behind other service techs that charge 400$ for pellet service and don't clean blowers.
Every appliance I service I will pull blowers that can be removed and clean.
Blower cleaning

Spot on.. amazing that so many think set it and forget it as long as it's working... clean my harman blower 3- 4 times per season. Dog and cat hair likes to live there..

Most of the photos where from last season when I remember to take a photo. In 34 years I have pulled enough house dust and hair out of stoves to make the would largest furball

FB_IMG_1694363048513.jpg