thewoodlands Posted By thewoodlands, Jun 12, 2019 at 6:32 PM

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Foothills of The Adirondacks
    We had a nice slow ride on the water today, it was a great day for it. Pics 9269 & 70 is one of the areas a microburst went through a few years back.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    johneh and pjohnson like this.
  2. pjohnson

pjohnson
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 2, 2013
    Been a cool rainy spring in Wisconsin finally got the boat in, patiently waiting on the lift for his evening cruise. Gotta love a remote controlled electric boat lift, push a button while waking from the cabin and boats in the water when ya get there. Was a beautiful evening for a sunset cruise.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. paulnlee

paulnlee
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2018
    Loc:
    Flemington, NJ
    I'm gonna miss that this year. Been going to SML in Va. for the last 8 years. Stayed for a month, rented a pontoon. Back in the 90's we had a pontoon, then a 23' Bayliner and finally a house boat all on Raystown Lake in PA. Had the houseboat for one season, took a buyout from mother bell, put it and the slip up for sale and it sold that weekend. We were thinking of retiring in NC. Still in NJ, still working

thewoodlands likes this.
  4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    I took the day off from any firewood work and we took the boat out, the top water temps were only 70 but it felt great. The water is at spring levels.

In pic 9341 there is usually 15 to 20 feet of sand showing at this time of year.

Attached Files:

begreen likes this.
  5. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Looks beautiful.

thewoodlands likes this.
  6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    It was @begreen , it was nice change of scenery. I think for next summer, we'll have a top on the boat for some shade.

7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    This wasn't our last outing but here are some pictures from another outing on the same body of water, once this heat moves through we'll probably go to a new body of water.

The water was down some but still way up for this time of year, the last two pictures are a mink along the water.

Attached Files:

SpaceBus likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Every picture after the first two are from today.

It was a great day so we spent some time on the water, pictures 9339 & 9346 are from when the water was up, 9446 is a picture today of 9339 and 9448 is a picture today of 9346.

Attached Files:

SpaceBus likes this.
  9. AlbergSteve

AlbergSteve
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Vancouver Island
    We've spent so much time on the property this year. This is our first night out on the boat...28C and sooooo quiet, nearest "neighbour" is 200 yards away.

Attached Files:

begreen and thewoodlands like this.
  10. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Took the wife out sailing today. She trapped me for hours with conversation, lol.

The narrow lake had corkscrewing wind. 100 yards north of us we saw flags blowing south. 100 yards south they were pointing north!

Attached Files:

AlbergSteve and thewoodlands like this.
  11. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Up the lake you start to see day sailors, maybe a few in the low 20ft range.

Lots of sun fishes. My lone minifish, and a couple lightnings round out the south end of the lake.

12. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Sounds like a great day. Got my son out on our little RS Sailing dinghy for two hours yesterday, winds 10 - 15 mph and mostly sunny 80F, it was an ideal day on the water. Like you, saw plenty of Sunfish out on the water, in weathe like that. We also saw a half dozen wind surfers, four who knew their stuff, and two who were mostly in the water. I only wish we had more days like that land on a Saturaday, and not wasted on Tuesdays in the office.

He came prepared with a lot of important questions to discuss:

1. Would you rather have the world's largest or smallest car?

2. What is your favorite cartoon character, Phineas, Ferb, or Charlie Brown?

3. What's your favorite cereal, Trix or Foot Loops?

I think we solved most of the world's problems, out there.

AlbergSteve likes this.
  13. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Ah yes, the deep problems in life. Stuff like that needs a day on the water to discuss.

AlbergSteve likes this.
  14. AlbergSteve

AlbergSteve
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Vancouver Island
    Another great evening on the West Coast. Friends dropped by appies and happy hour!

Attached Files:

thewoodlands, Ashful and begreen like this.
  15. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    I miss sailing on boats with jibs, lol.

16. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    What are you sailing now, Sunfish?

I would like to own a keelboat, but it just doesn’t fit into our lifestyle right now. Dry sailing racing dinghies (with jibs!) is the level of commitment to maintenance I can handle, right now.

17. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    I don't even have a sunfish! I have the lowly minifish. I plan to borrow a sunfish sail sometime and go from 65 to 75 square ft. I imagine it'll make it a different beast! Lol

18. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I have a Nationals-winning antique racing boat, with a pretty serious rig for a recreational sailor, and it’s a great boat... but I have to admit I have every bit as much fun, with much less worry about how my crew is treating it, on this little recycled milk container rotomolded boat from RS sailing. So, I say “run what you brung“, it really doesn’t matter what you’re sailing, as long as you’re going fast or having fun!

Me? I’d like to pick up a used Laser beater, and go out single-handing in it. But in a dual-career household with two young kids, free time for such things does not exist.

AlbergSteve likes this.
  19. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    My father used to have an old wood hulled laser. It was long gone by the time I came around.

20. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    We took the boat out for another ride on the water today, it was overcast but we had lunch on the boat and enjoyed the scenery. Pictures 9339,9446 and 9508 are of the same little tree at different times of the year. In the spring you could just see the tree in picture 9446.

The water is down about 30 feet from the highest level this spring.

Attached Files: