Boiler electrical controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
My control wiring has gotten out of control. It all works, but is way too complicated. I need to control the wood burner, storage tank, oil boiler back-up. I'm using zone valves, transformers, pumps, aquastats, relays, relay controls, etc. . I have relays and wires all over the place.
How has everyone simplified their wiring?

chuck172 said:
My control wiring has gotten out of control. It all works, but is way too complicated. I need to control the wood burner, storage tank, oil boiler back-up. I'm using zone valves, transformers, pumps, aquastats, relays, relay controls, etc. . I have relays and wires all over the place.
How has everyone simplified their wiring?

I think it's fair to say that I'm not the best person to ask ;-)

Mine was MUCH worse than the photo below, if you can believe it. I've started using modular crimp-on connectors with ethernet and phone cable. That helps. Terminal strips help also. I'm working on a nice NEMA enclosure that will allow me to at least hide a lot of the mess.

Attachments

• Boiler electrical controls
    controller-panel2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 248
Status
Not open for further replies.