Boiler help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
UPDATE-

Picked up the Garn 1500 yesterday. 3:45 minute drive to Vermont, and it’s all mine. I think it’s in really good shape and a awesome price. It was a chore to load manually onto the trailer but it went smooth with no injuries or damage done to unit or the guys house. I got lots of “extras” included to help with the installation. I am anxious to get this project underway.

On the insurance front, I got clarification from the underwriter if what’s need to install in my garage so I am good to go there. Hope to have it running before the end of the heating season.
Thanks again for all the help guys!
C20C0FF5-A3B3-4748-A63A-7971114D017D.jpeg

Nice! My two cents - skip trying to get it ready for this year yet. Take your time, enjoy the install...

Nice, is this a vertical or horizontal exhaust?
The near boiler piping will dictate exact positioning ( you need room to access if some mechanicals are in the garage. If I remember your not running a flat plate?, if that’s the case make sure you can valve off the garn a very short distance from the back of the boiler. The reason is that since the boiler has been drained, it will now have to be cleaned/ pasivated and drained with product from precision chemical and then filled with your final water. This is all time sensitive as the cleaned boiler must be refilled immediately. Before you get started you should send a sample of the intended fill water to precision chemical so see if it’s suitable.
Honestly if you can temporarily heat the garage for the near garn work, it appears most of the piping will pass through the garage into the basement anyway. Living in Maine with a late spring and probably heating into late may, I’d do it now if you have seasoned wood to burn.