Boiler identification and questions!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SparkO450

May 14, 2022
Mass
Hi I'm new to this forum I just got this wood boiler I don't know anything about it.I would like to hook it up because my heating costs. Has anybody seen this before or have any information. Should I even bother? Thanks.

16525503388478089457855892075384.jpg

Does it have any identifying marks on it anywhere? UL (or other) tag on it? If not then your insurance company probably won't insure the place with it hooked up. That looks like some sort of old school wood/coal boiler...not very efficient on wood...best way to set that up would be with 6-800 gallons of storage...without it, I'm in the "don't bother" camp.
You'd probably want to have someone inspect it before installing it too...hate to go to all that trouble/expense only to find out it leaks.

Reactions: hobbyheater