Boiler Progression

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hobbyheater

Minister of Fire
1981` we called it the pig it burned 22 cords in the only year we had it !
The pig wood boiler.jpeg
1982 and 1983 the Tasso burned 16 cords a year without storage and 10 cords with !
Tasso wood Boiler (11).JPG

1984 to 2021 the Jetstream burned 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cords per year.
100_1475B.JPG
June 2021 Varmebaronen Vedolux 450 , what a clean boiler to light ,one load brings our storage up to temperature !
100_5901.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice.

Reactions: hobbyheater
Hi, after having a Jetstream boiler myself for 22 years I can relate to your project.The work to change my 2nd refactory made up my decision to buy a Vedolux 37 .Although the Jetstream has been great the Vedolux generates heat for storage much quicker,quieter,and less time to build up.I actually look forward to the fall start up of the heating season.

Reactions: hobbyheater
When I think back to what was available before the Jetstream and how dangerous some of those early boilers were with creosote build up and chimney fires, the Jetstream was a really big improvement! I run the system year round as it supplies our DHW and is easier to keep it running than to shut it down for four months.

I can email you a PDF copy of the manual if you didn't get a copy already from @CaperM. If you would prefer a paper copy, I can send you one. Do you want the section on building the heat storage? That section is as big as the boiler information section.

I can email you a PDF copy of the manual if you didn't get a copy already from @CaperM. If you would prefer a paper copy, I can send you one. Do you want the section on building the heat storage? That section is as big as the boiler information section.
I didn't receive anything from capers. If you wouldn't mind emailing me [email protected] a copy of just the main manual that would be great. Much appreciated