This morning I got up and decided to light a small fire in my Princess 32 manufactured in 2025. The thermostat knob was at the 6:00 position, me not thinking I turned it past the 6:00 o’clock position to about the 9:00 o’clock position.
It appears that the shaft DIDN’T turn but the control knob did.
What I have now is: 9:00 is now wide open air intake(should be 6:00)
9:00-6:00 the shaft to the thermostat doesn’t rotate while the knob does
6:00-2:00 works normal, shaft turns with the knob however I can now turn the knob and shaft to the 1:00 position.
The above is starting from wide open air to minimum air.
Now working backwards, from minimum air(1:00 to 9:00) to maximum air.
1:00-4:00 shaft doesn’t turn with the control knob
4:00-9:00 shaft turns and fire picks up
What I’m thinking of doing is turn the knob to the 9:00 o’clock position, wide open air, loosen the set screw on the control knob and set the control knob back to the 6:00 o’clock position. I can hear the thermostat flapper closing at about the 2:00 o’clock position and the fire dies down as it should. I have not taken the cover off the back, the cover I’m referring to is “No user serviceable parts inside. Do not remove this cover”
Any suggestions to fix this “dead spot” would be welcomed.
It appears that the shaft DIDN’T turn but the control knob did.
What I have now is: 9:00 is now wide open air intake(should be 6:00)
9:00-6:00 the shaft to the thermostat doesn’t rotate while the knob does
6:00-2:00 works normal, shaft turns with the knob however I can now turn the knob and shaft to the 1:00 position.
The above is starting from wide open air to minimum air.
Now working backwards, from minimum air(1:00 to 9:00) to maximum air.
1:00-4:00 shaft doesn’t turn with the control knob
4:00-9:00 shaft turns and fire picks up
What I’m thinking of doing is turn the knob to the 9:00 o’clock position, wide open air, loosen the set screw on the control knob and set the control knob back to the 6:00 o’clock position. I can hear the thermostat flapper closing at about the 2:00 o’clock position and the fire dies down as it should. I have not taken the cover off the back, the cover I’m referring to is “No user serviceable parts inside. Do not remove this cover”
Any suggestions to fix this “dead spot” would be welcomed.