Brand new auger, motor and bushing does not turn during startup. Could this be why?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Wordless Workshop

See pic - Auger turns properly now. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 190
It works Super now!
That Nylatron Auger Bushing is nice and smooth and quite! I definately like the Nylatron better than the brass bushing. I see gummy brass bushings all the time but not Nylatron or a Delron bushings. Therefore, for a top loader, they seem to hold up much better!

Also I accidently solved another issue. That exhaust blower was covered in sticky black creasote, that also covered the exhaust blower housing and exhaust chamber in the stove.

I replaced the blower and the housing, then I scraped out as much black creasote as possible. When I lit the stove the exhaust was very smokey. So I turned up the Dial-A-Fire knob to a high fire and ran it for a while. It sucked down the pellets but after about an hour there was no smoke out of the exhaust!

Therefore, maybe the exhaust blower was on the way out or some very bad pellets burned in there to create the creasote. Now it is running better than brand new with the upgraded Nylatron auger bushin, and with a new paint it will look like showroom condition! See pics below!

Pic 1 - Intial Smoke from residdual black creasote inside exhaust chamber
Pic 2 - Stove is cranking like nver before!
Pic 3 - The famous Dial-A-Fire knob and the room blower speed control knob.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.