Brand New Castle Serenity Stove Worked for 3 hours

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Oman030177

Oct 29, 2023
Central PA
Help please..I got my new Castle Serenity installed and running. I was so proud of myself. Got it up and running and got her burning nice and hot. After about 3 hours I turned her back to number 2. Shortly after, I was alerted to a low temp and the unit shut down. I have been unable to get the stove to reignite. I even manually loaded the pellets to try to trick it. This rookie needs some help. I'm tired of being a slave to heating oil.

If you are standing in front of your stove looking towards the display take off the right side panel there is a temp switch you have to reset and once you do that turn your blower up and that will keep it from tripping again

It took some tweaking but I finally have this stove working great. However for ease of access, I think these units should have hinged magnetized doors. That would be so much easier then having to unscrew and remove the door. I've burned through a pallet and the savings from not buying heating oil are literally life changing.