Brand New Regency GCi60-2 Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

andyfitz

Aug 29, 2008
Baltimore,MD
Hello All-

I recently purchased a brand new Regency GCi60-2. Since I work in the HVAC facilities field I took on installing myself as it is not rocket science. All I have to say is I am not happy with this stove at all. I am currently having the following issues

- When it is on heat setting 2, combustion fan speed 2, and feed rate 3

o The flame never gets tall enough to come out of the top of the burn box

o The flame is more to the bottom left and right of the burn box

o Heavy soot builds up on the window

o Reading of .19 inch WC

o Ash builds up throughout the stove

- When it is on heat setting 3, combustion fan speed 2, and feed rate 3

o Flame is is stronger but only about 2.5 inches above burn pot

o Not as much soot be built up

o Reading of .19 inch WC

o went through one bag in 5.5 hours

Out of the box, the stove had a broken bearing that allows it to role on the bracket into the insert. There were brackets on the ash drawer that had not been bent to the proper angle during manufacturing. When I originally turned the unit on for the first time the stove would not even ignite. After lots of research and talking to Regency they told me that during manufacturing they had the supply air and vacuum hoses installed backward once the hoses were switched the stove started right up.

With lots of quality assurance issues right out of the box I am concerned there may be more issues. Do the symptoms I described above worry you all?

Also, the damper was supposed to be factory preset and it was wide open when I received it. I have tried adjusting the damper while measuring with a manometer and have not had great results either way.

Hello - The stove is junk, we had the same problem with the hoses being switched with no ignition. Swapped the hoses and achieved ignition with low flame burning out the left and right side of the firebox. Increase led air damper and corrected flame problem. Now I have good flame but very little heat. Unit clunks and creaks making obnoxious sounds while operating. The fan is extremely loud, and we too are very dissatisfied. We had ours professionally installed on Nov 14, 2022. Trying to return it with minimal communication with customer service. So far we are $7,000 out of pocket for this pellet stove.

Hello - The stove is junk, we had the same problem with the hoses being switched with no ignition. Swapped the hoses and achieved ignition with low flame burning out the left and right side of the firebox. Increase led air damper and corrected flame problem. Now I have good flame but very little heat. Unit clunks and creaks making obnoxious sounds while operating. The fan is extremely loud, and we too are very dissatisfied. We had ours professionally installed on Nov 14, 2022. Trying to return it with minimal communication with customer service. So far we are $7,000 out of pocket for this pellet stove.
I am right there with you I have had minimal response from customer service also. I went as far as adding an outside air intake this past week and still have issues. The dealer I bought it from gave me this response from the original post I started here

"I met with one of the factory techs at another job and spoke about the concern that you expressed. With what you are describing the unit appears to be operating properly. They have several hundred of these in the field and the only issue reported is the hoses being crossed. On the setting of 1 and 2, the flame will be small and almost non-existent on setting 1, it is feeding pellets at a small rate to keep the stove going. After you get to 3 and above you will see the flames get higher."

I am going to pay for another professional company to come out and give it a once over and see what they say, Depending on what they say I will start the return process also.

I am right there with you I have had minimal response from customer service also. I went as far as adding an outside air intake this past week and still have issues. The dealer I bought it from gave me this response from the original post I started here

"I met with one of the factory techs at another job and spoke about the concern that you expressed. With what you are describing the unit appears to be operating properly. They have several hundred of these in the field and the only issue reported is the hoses being crossed. On the setting of 1 and 2, the flame will be small and almost non-existent on setting 1, it is feeding pellets at a small rate to keep the stove going. After you get to 3 and above you will see the flames get higher."

I am going to pay for another professional company to come out and give it a once over and see what they say, Depending on what they say I will start the return process also.
Just wanted to follow up on my previous post. Apparently my dealer told me that Regency has had a lot of complaints regarding their unit. They have changed a few things and will have their new model ready by June. They are replacing my unit but it took several calls from the dealer to get through and alot of heated conversations.

Just wanted to follow up on my previous post. Apparently my dealer told me that Regency has had a lot of complaints regarding their unit. They have changed a few things and will have their new model ready by June. They are replacing my unit but it took several calls from the dealer to get through and alot of heated conversations.
Just seing if you got your unit replaced and if there is a difference? Still have mine and my dealer had an installer come out last spring and tried to tell me all is good