Breckwell Big E convection blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you cleaned the blower?

Does moving the damper help?

Eric

Hooked the programmable Thermostat up over the weekend, running it on 1-3 flame seems a little lazy on 3, but I don't want to give it any more air do to the fact that on 1 it seems it barely is getting enough fuel to keep it going on the 1-4 trim rate.
Other than that I love it, it was 10 deg. outside and my 1300 sq ft house was stay steady at 70 deg first floor and 66 2nd floor and I saw the oil truck drive by again lol.

fire76 said:
Hooked the programmable Thermostat up over the weekend, running it on 1-3 flame seems a little lazy on 3, but I don't want to give it any more air do to the fact that on 1 it seems it barely is getting enough fuel to keep it going on the 1-4 trim rate.
Other than that I love it, it was 10 deg. outside and my 1300 sq ft house was stay steady at 70 deg first floor and 66 2nd floor and I saw the oil truck drive by again lol.

Thermostat does nothing on level #1

Tstat only works on on/off or high/low but you have to have it on level #2
On level 1-3 or 1-4 have the damper almost all the way in.
Level #2 or higher needs the damper adjusted for a good flame.
Keep good batteries in the tstat. Change every 2 weeks.

Eric

Eric, in response to your last post I am running it in Hi - Low mode ,1 being the low and 3 being the high , and when the stove is running in low, I have the trim rate set at it's highest being 1-4.
What I'm saying is that if I don't want the stove to either burn or blowout while in #1, I don't think I'm getting the best burn on #3, because I have to keep the damper adjusted for the # 1 setting.
Unless you know of a way for the damper to automatically adjust its self going from #1 to #3 on a Breckwell Big E %-P .
That would be awesome, but I don't think the stove is capable.

fire76 said:
Eric, in response to your last post I am running it in Hi - Low mode ,1 being the low and 3 being the high , and when the stove is running in low, I have the trim rate set at it's highest being 1-4.
What I'm saying is that if I don't want the stove to either burn or blowout while in #1, I don't think I'm getting the best burn on #3, because I have to keep the damper adjusted for the # 1 setting.
Unless you know of a way for the damper to automatically adjust its self going from #1 to #3 on a Breckwell Big E %-P .
That would be awesome, but I don't think the stove is capable.

In the hi/low mode the stove will only drop one level from what ever you set it at. If you have the stove on #3 it will go down to #2 only. If you have the stove set at #2 it will drop to #1 only. Do not set it any higher than level #3.

Eric

Hmm, this is what it says in the Big E manual.
HIGH/LOW THERMOSTAT MODE
• When engaged in this mode the stove will automatically switch
between two settings. When warm enough, it will switch to the
#1 or low setting. The room air blower will also slow to its lowest
speed.
• The Heat Level Advance setting on the bar graph will stay
where it was initially set. When the house cools below the
thermostat setting, the stove will switch to the feed rate of the
heat level advance setting.

Not wanting to make any one mad, but from what I have seen with my stove in the HIGH/LOW setting with a stat.
I run mine on the 1-3 , mode , 1 low , 3 the high , my owners manual , say it will drop two settings from high
to low , 3-1, 4-2 . or viceversa, 1-3, 2-4 . My stove is a 2005 model , if that makes any differance.

Not getting mad here, just want to know how stove works, what I posted earlier was a direct copy from my 2008 manual, I haven't tried my stove on 2-4 setting but if thats how it works, that's even better.
What I said earlier in a post was that I thought I was not getting a clean burn on #3 because I had to keep the damper closed some what to keep the flame on the #1 setting from blowing out. :gulp:

buildingmaint said:
Not wanting to make any one mad, but from what I have seen with my stove in the HIGH/LOW setting with a stat.
I run mine on the 1-3 , mode , 1 low , 3 the high , my owners manual , say it will drop two settings from high
to low , 3-1, 4-2 . or viceversa, 1-3, 2-4 . My stove is a 2005 model , if that makes any differance.

Yes there is a2004, 2005 manual and a 2007 manual. But unless something has changed it only adjusts two setting not three.

http://breckwell.com/manuals.asp?model=BIG-E

Eric

fire76 said:
Hmm, this is what it says in the Big E manual.
HIGH/LOW THERMOSTAT MODE
• When engaged in this mode the stove will automatically switch
between two settings. When warm enough, it will switch to the
#1 or low setting. The room air blower will also slow to its lowest
speed.
• The Heat Level Advance setting on the bar graph will stay
where it was initially set. When the house cools below the
thermostat setting, the stove will switch to the feed rate of the
heat level advance setting.

When engaged in this mode the stove will automatically switch
between two settings.

Eric

In your earlier post Eric you said on HIGH/LOW the stove will go from 3 HIGH to 2 LOW, dropping one leval , when it really drops two . 3 HIGH TO 1 LOW . Just don't want to confuse any new stove owners .

buildingmaint said:
In your earlier post Eric you said on HIGH/LOW the stove will go from 3 HIGH to 2 LOW, dropping one leval , when it really drops two . 3 HIGH TO 1 LOW . Just don't want to confuse any new stove owners .

If you say so, then it does. From what I seen it it will go from a 3 to 2 or 2 to 1. Unless The boards I am looking at are not dropping down.

Eric

My owners manual says when the stove is warm enough it will switch to the #1 or low setting , when in the HIGH/LOW setting. It does not say it will go from 3-1 or 4-2 , just says it will go to #1 when stove is warm enough . Now if you have a board in front of you and you can tell that the manual is incorrect , I'll defer to your expertise . You can't beat the guy who does it every day lol.

buildingmaint said:
My owners manual says when the stove is warm enough it will switch to the #1 or low setting , when in the HIGH/LOW setting. It does not say it will go from 3-1 or 4-2 , just says it will go to #1 when stove is warm enough . Now if you have a board in front of you and you can tell that the manual is incorrect , I'll defer to your expertise . You can't beat the guy who does it every day lol.

I have a few stoves in front of me but none hooked up to a tstat. The last one I did have only moved down one number. I will let you by me a beer. I do have to run to Oil City soon to p/u a computer. I will hold a chip till then.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.