Breckwell Big E Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmielke

Nov 19, 2008
Northern Michigan
My stove seems to only want to run on setting one. When I woke up this morning the pellet feed rate was feeding at the setting one rate while the stove was set on two. Changing the setting to setting 3, 4 or 5 had no effect.

I opened the door and let the air flow switch trip to shut down the stove, shut the door, restarted the stove and it started feeding the pellets at the setting two feed rate as the stove started up. After not to long, the stove returns to the setting one feed rate regardless of the feed rate selected.

Stove has been cleaned regularly. Both the combustion and convection fans have been replaced this winter with aftermarket Fasco fans and the stove has been running fine until this morning.

Any starting point for trouble shooting this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

Tom

By any chance is that stove operating in thermostat mode?

In one mode the stove will fall back to heat setting one (with any trim adjustment) unless the thermostat is calling for heat once it exits start up.

Unplug the stove and wait 15-30 seconds then plug back in. Make sure the toggle switch is in "manual". See if that helps.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.