peTerG Posted By peTerG, Oct 8, 2018 at 10:48 AM

1. peTerG

peTerG
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2018
    Loc:
    wisconsin
    Stove will not stay lit on any setting lower than max. The auger motor is spinning but the auger itself is not moving much, drops only enough to stay lit (thank god not cold here yet).
    Thanks for any help

2. zrock

zrock
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2017
    Loc:
    bc
    when is the last time you cleaned all the pellets out and vacuumed all the fines out of the auger? i find all the fines get built up on my big e and slows feed of pellets on my big e. i do mine once a month

peTerG likes this.
  3. peTerG

peTerG
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2018
    Loc:
    wisconsin
    it is at my hunting shack got a really thorough cleaning after last season was probably in June. Ran last weekend and no problems, but this past weekend this happened.

4. peTerG

peTerG
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2018
    Loc:
    wisconsin
    I will get the hopper/auger area again really well this coming weekend. This has never happened before and have probably had the stove for 7-8 years. only other issue was replacing the igniter a couple years ago.

5. zrock

zrock
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2017
    Loc:
    bc
    surprising enough the auger does not move allot.. When i cleaned mine i pulled the cover off the auger inside the hopper. Also their is a setting for the low feed rates if you pull up a manual online. With the pellets i use i pull a cup or 2 of fines out of the hopper monthly..

6. peTerG

peTerG
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2018
    Loc:
    wisconsin
    thanks a lot. i usually get the hardwood style pellets at Menards for ease of hauling.

7. zrock

zrock
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2017
    Loc:
    bc
    Iv never tryed the hardwood in the big e... I read a few reviews that they would jamb up and break the auger

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

8. peTerG

peTerG
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2018
    Loc:
    wisconsin
    have used those same kind of pellets the entire time as well.

9. zrock

zrock
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2017
    Loc:
    bc
    good to know maby ill try a bag or 2 of hardwood this year and see if its worth the additional expence

10. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Check the hairpin that connects the auger shaft to the auger motor. It may have sheared and is only catching enough to keep just enough pellets to stay burning.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...