Breckwell Insert Auger Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamztoyz

Oct 27, 2008
Western New York
Hi,

I have a Breckwell P24I insert. I recently changed out the original auger motor which was having an issue. Now I am finding that the auger has play. I can put my hand on the hopper and move the auger up. Is there bushing or something in there that may have worn out? I am hearing quite a few more thuds from it than in the past and lately pellets aren't dropping very well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

there is a brass bushing on the top and bottom. The auger should have up and down play but not a lot. Take the hopper top off and open the auger cover by removing the nuts and check it out. Plan on an hour or so after you pull it out.

How old is the unit?

Eric, what is the normal usage time before the bushing should be changed out?

How old is the unit?

Eric, what is the normal usage time before the bushing should be changed out?

I seen one that was scored and had to be replaced. Other than that, never.

Eric

we just had a 28yr old p2000, upper bushing may have failed, as auger motor twisted the auger shaft until it broke, bent up the end plate.
amazing a 28yr old auger motor had that much power still!
(dont make em like that anymore)

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Status
Not open for further replies.