Breckwell is making clicking noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tink13

Hearth Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
Westen MA
I have a Breckwell insert. I don't remember ever having this problem until today. The stove is running and it's "clicking." The only thing I can relate it to is when your electric heat turns on and it "clicks" to get up to heat. The stove has been on all morning so it's not just heating up. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Anyone have any advice??? I took the burnpot out and totally cleaned it and the inside of the stove. Any help is appreciated.

Other than inside and in the back is there a specific location the noise is coming from? Have you pulled it out and cleaned the back of the stove?

Eric

I have not pulled it out yet. It sounds like the right side possibly the ignitor, but I vacuumed it out when I removed the burn pot. I don't think it's coming from the back of the stove.

Do you have a removable ash pan surrounding the burn pot? I have the Breckwell P23i insert and the only reason have an ash pan is because of these lousy pellets (Maeder Brother's) I purchased in 2009 which caused high ash content. I hear a clicking noise but believe this to be expansion (heat) and contraction (cooling) of the ash pan. The ash pan is made out of a lighter sheet metal; considerably a lot less than the stove itself. The pellets also don't put out much heat and have many fines however when I use the Somerset pellets which run a lot hotter, minimal fines and just a little bit of ash, don't hear that clicking sound because believe the heat to be above that ash pan sheet metal cool down tolerance.

We don't have a removable ash pan, although I would love one as we have pellets that are high ash as well. I would agree that it sounds like a expansion/ contraction issue, but I don't recall it doing that last year. We do have dofferent pellets, so maybe that is causing it????? I just wish there was a way to fix it!!!

Could it be the auger snapping the longer pellets? That sort of sounds like a click on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.