Breckwell P24 assist needed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayuiers

Sep 3, 2014
Portland, OR
Hi,

We bought a used Breckwell P24FS. This is our first pellet stove so please forgive any "rookie" questions.

Our P24 is likely an early model as it doesn't have an ignitor.

We have cleaned the stove within an inch of it's life yet we are still showing a solid #2 light. I checked the vacuum tube and noticed it had two holes midway through the tube. The holes are symmetrical enough to appear that it came from the factory that way. Even so, I jumped the wires on the vacuum pressure switch and turned the stove on. The #2 light went away. I'm guessing this proves I need a new tube and possibly a new pressure switch.

My question is this...

When we light the pellets and turn on the stove we don't hear the combustion blower spinning up. The flame eventually dies out. Should the blower start immediately after we turn the stove on or is there some sort of delay that occurs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes the holes in the tube will cause the #2 light (pressure issue) just replace the hose. The switch could still be ok, the tube needs to be replaced and is way cheaper. Make sure that the nipple on the side of the firebox is not clogged as well on both sides of the firebox. It is a common "miss" in the cleaning process.
The combustion fan should run on start up. If it does not that would give you a #2 light as well. You can try looking at the connections or bench test the fan.

Thanks for your help.

I removed and bench tested the fan. It's dead.

I'll install a new tube and get a fan motor on order. Hopefully this will bring the stove alive again.

:)

Reactions: Owen1508
Status
Not open for further replies.