Breckwell p24i new to pelet stoves how to start fire? fuse on analog board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

case310350

Dec 5, 2010
upstate
Hello, Got a breckwell stove with some problems, fixed most but have a few basic questions. I don't think the breckwell had an igniter so whats the best way to start a fire in a pellet stove? I have done many wood fires before, but never a pellet stove. I also had to fix the analog board, there is a fuse on it and I do not know what value it should be. There is a rod coming form the center top of the stove, what is that used for? Hope to try it soon.

firestarted said:
Hello, Got a breckwell stove with some problems, fixed most but have a few basic questions. I don't think the breckwell had an igniter so whats the best way to start a fire in a pellet stove? I have done many wood fires before, but never a pellet stove. I also had to fix the analog board, there is a fuse on it and I do not know what value it should be. There is a rod coming form the center top of the stove, what is that used for? Hope to try it soon.

I found that starting the fire with a propane or mapp gas torch seems to be the easiest way.

Can't help with the fuse on the board, Not a lot out there on these old analog boards.

The rod coming from the center of the stove is used to clean the heat exchanger. It is attached to a scrapper bar over the heat tubes.

What year is this stove as most Breckwells had an igniter on board. You can down load the manual from breckwels site. There is some need info in it like cleaning schedule and it also explains some of its features!

Status
Not open for further replies.