broken left front door on Vermont Castings Resolute II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Herodotus

Nov 28, 2021
Minnesota
I have a 40 year old Vermont casting resolute II stove the one with the two front doors that are glass on the top half and metal on the bottom-Both hinges on the left door broke off -Does anyone have any suggestions what vendor has door parts for the 1980's Vermont castings resolute II stove will need new door just left door and still have the glass insert - Thanx-Or could I weld hinges back onto door /

i believe yours is a resolute 3. if they are clean breaks and a shop can properly weld, you should try that. wouldn't want the door hinges to fail while a fire is burning and you're out of the house. finding a replacement might entail ebay or purchasing a parts stove for $50.