BrotherBart-mod- Rest in Peace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
sorry to hear , I haven't been on here lately and was always sure to see a thread comment from him.
condolences to his family , will keep the stoves going in his honor. Pete

Rest well Brother, you deserve your rest, crack a Natty and chill my friend.

Rest easy, Brother Bart. Thank you for your service to your country & for all the wisdom you imparted to the Hearth Heads here. I was honored to meet him on stage when the Mods met up in DC back in 2013. Heckuvva nice guy, who will most certainly be missed.

Reactions: begreen and Jags
For those of you that have been around for a while, you may well remember BrotherBart as a wry, smart, tenacious, man that served as moderator on here, for roughly 15 years, and a contributing member years prior.

It is with much sadness that I share that BB (Roy) passed away yesterday morning. He was a Vietnam Veteran where he worked on and flew in Chinooks, a savvy business man, a devoted husband that took phenomenal care of his wife( that he just lost this spring after a long illness), a hell of a friend, and a person that many people on this site owed a beer to as his words and advice kept many a home from becoming ash.

This site carries on a lot of his wisdom, but his presence will always be missed.

Rest easy, BrotherBart. We will keep the fire stoked.

View attachment 298472

pen
I just signed in for the first time in a year or more.
I am so very sad to hear this news.
Brother Bart was a faithful and tireless mentor to us when we were pellet stove newbies and then wood stove newbies.
I'm sorry to hear that he suffered the loss of his wife as well. He was devoted to her.

RIP Brother Bart. You are missed.

Sorry to read this--he was a great contributor to this site,
RIP Brother Bart.

very sorry to hear the news,we will miss you BB, RIP

Just wanted to bump this thread and express my respect and admiration to BB. Can't claim I was of any particular friend of his, but he set me straight a few times :). In short order he was able to cut through the bs and get right to the point of almost any topic and somehow even this blunt tool couldn't keep his personality from shining through. Really enjoyed his perspective and input.

🙏🙏Brother Bart

Thanks for bumping this thread. I missed this in the summer when it was first posted. BB was a great moderator and total character. Many times I almost spit out my beer while reading his obnoxious, self deprecating posts. Grateful that some his wisdom is well documented here in these forums.

🍺 cheers to you BB! Thank you for the generosity in sharing your wisdom, honesty and jokes.

Reactions: pen
Sorry to hear...it's a true loss. 😔
I remember him relating stories about getting firewood at his place, and particularly the tales of the times he sent his Englander 30 NC "over the moon." 😆
Bart, enjoy your trip through the "tunnel of love." 😊

Reactions: dafattkidd
How did I miss this??!? Man... so sad to hear this, I was thinking the other day I had not seen him post lately. For sure was a fountain of knowledge about quite a bit of stuff.

Photo from the DC meetup in 2013, BB is in the middle:
WP_20131116_020.jpg

I was just about to say that in the beginning and a very rough beginning for me with my stove he helped me so much. Many times I wished he could run my stove for me and tell me what I am doing wrong. I still take a temp reading of my stove the way he told me to. RIP Brother Bart you will be missed.

Reactions: dafattkidd
How did I miss this??!? Man... so sad to hear this, I was thinking the other day I had not seen him post lately. For sure was a fountain of knowledge about quite a bit of stuff.

Photo from the DC meetup in 2013, BB is in the middle:
View attachment 306307
True to character offline too. Roy was always there to help friends in need. I miss his Texas wit a lot.

PS: Still have that sweatshirt and cap.

Reactions: pen
I too disappeared over the summer and glad this thread got bumped. RIP, BB. I was wondering where he was lately.