Buck 27000 Installation Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Scott in NC

Oct 24, 2022
North Carolina
I recently bought a house that has a Buck 27000 Double Walled "Slammer" as I understand the installation is called. I want to install it the correct way and need a bit of help.

I want to use it as an insert and bought a stack. My question is about installing it in my fireplace. It is brick fireplace with a clay flue liner. Do I need to run a flue pipe down the clay liner or just run up to and slightly into the clay liner? The stack is 8", but the clay liner is rectangular, and is smaller than 8x8.

Any suggestions/options?

Thanks,
Scott

I recently bought a house that has a Buck 27000 Double Walled "Slammer" as I understand the installation is called. I want to install it the correct way and need a bit of help.

I want to use it as an insert and bought a stack. My question is about installing it in my fireplace. It is brick fireplace with a clay flue liner. Do I need to run a flue pipe down the clay liner or just run up to and slightly into the clay liner? The stack is 8", but the clay liner is rectangular, and is smaller than 8x8.

Any suggestions/options?

Thanks,
Scott
Technically you could just run into the first clay liner. The problem is you need to somehow figure out how to attach the stainless to the clay. And your current chimney needs to meet code (which few do)