Buck 91 Auto Fan temp ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastdonzi

Feb 18, 2015
East TN
Today I did my 3rd Break In Fire. (well 2nd & 3rd) on the 3rd fire I had cat temps about 800 and some surface of the stove 400ish. I decided to plug in the fan, On Auto it still runs when the stove cools to below 100*. on my old buck it only runs with stove temps 350* or above. I tried Manual & Auto and they both run all the time.. is something wrong?? I'm hoping to install it in a week or so...

Which temp is at 100. cat or top?

bob

The top, the cat had cooled off below the gauge so it was probably under 100* as well..

Well Mello, You are correct. I just went out and plugged it in and it didn't come on. Which is a relief to know its not bad or wired improperly, However I'd like it to shut off 100* or more above what is now. I may have to move it or get a higher temp version... Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.