Buck Stove model 21

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well, it's got legs. ;) Timberwolf is Napoleon's value line. We don't see many of them, but it's a standard design and similar to the Drolet Escape 1500, but a bit smaller. Have you looked at the Drolet Columbia for comparison?

Last edited:
Well, it's got legs. ;) Timberwolf is Napoleon's value line. We don't see many of them, but it's a standard design and similar to the Drolet Escape 1500, but a bit smaller. Have you looked at the Drolet Columbia for comparison?
Can that heat deflector on the top come off? What about the Alderlea T4 LE? Sorry about the font.

Can that heat deflector on the top come off? What about the Alderlea T4 LE? Sorry about the font.
I think the deflector is also acting as a rear shield as well as the convective duct for the blower.
The Alderlea T4 LE (or the Vista LE leg version) would work.

I love the top of the Alderlea! One stove place is asking $2900 but we haven’t been to see exactly what it looks like.

999B465D-CB9B-40FE-BD98-2BA77141EA50.png

If you like cooking on the stove top, the Alderlea series is great. You have almost infinite temperature variation. I have cooked several meals in a Dutch oven on the trivet top.

The final choice is the Pacific Energy Vista LE. It’s a little bigger than the one we have, but as people have pointed out the clearances are much less. The top is pretty big to cook stuff on and of course, the window is nice.
Thanks again for everyone’s help!

F85AD078-830B-479A-B306-F7E5E806F2A0.jpeg

Congratulations. Keep us posted on how it works for you.

Let there be fire!

Reactions: Hoytman