Buckets for pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
I was using small gray 11 qt plastic buckets from Dollar General for bringing in pellets from the garage. I dump them in the garage to help keep the dust down in the house, the small buckets I would get about 2.5 buckets to a bag. I found these at Tractor Supply they are 14 qt each and the two of them will hold a whole bag.

Thought I would pass it along in case others were looking for ideas or had ideas to share.

I wedge my shop vac into the opening of the hopper and turn it on when I pour the pellets in.

If you try it, don't overfill the hopper, because the shop vac will suck up the pellets just as happily as the sawdust....

Home depot 5gal buckets are 5 bucks each,and many shops throw away empty ones, just have to clean the oil out.