Buddy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HollowHill said:
The pic of Buddy with the snow beard made me laugh out loud!!!

Then he got in the house and was a little ticked with the snowballs on his feet Hollow :lol:

DSC00333-1.jpg

Me and Emma just went looking for dead trees tonite...

DSC00338-1.jpg

Thanks CTYank but i dont think i have firefox?

loon

loon said:
:cheese: He's my neighbor who owns the 600 acres i cut on..Got this other farm property a couple years ago but didnt need the wood then. still dont but the fella asked Leo awhile back if i would clean up the farm.hard to say no with that ;-)

got back over to the house and we are finally getting some snow :)

loon

Just think if we had a normal winter, that would be a full body beard.

zap

snowleopard said:
Dear Buddy,

We love you and miss you. Be a good boy.

Mom, Dad, and Uncle Bud

http://katetriss.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/starkiller-vs-ewoks-who-is-deadlier/ewoks/

Good to know he has family members :lol:

Went down to the other farm today and didnt realize there was this much deadfall ;-) not a great picture but there are hundreds waiting to be cut up. But as you can see it is a swampy place, will have to wait till spring to see how bad it gets?

Hard to tell but thats Buddy behind the wheel :cheese:

loon

DSC00348-1.jpg

CAREFUL NOW, don't hurt the lil' guy..........

Loon if it's wet in Feb. what will it be like in the spring.

zap

Was gonna let Emma run the camera tonight takeman but on the way down she found a nice pile of coyote fun ;-P

DSC00359-1.jpg

No snow and very little ice left already zap..will get a couple pics tomorrow when i take the tractor down.

He was fine rotti as the seatbelt was on :lol:

Think i am gonna have to spray the truck sometime this weekend :sick: :cheese:

loon

DSC00361-1.jpg

It was windy over here Loon but still a great day.

Great Pictures.

Zap

Thanks zap and she still stinks this morning :p

Did you do any cutting?

Had to work yesterday but me and Emma went over to make a plan for our long weekend. Gonna have to wear high rubber boots as everything melted this week and they are calling for plus temps for the next 2?
I found where the water is running into the swamp and its flowing pretty good but there are still lots of dead elm up on the dry land which i can tend to anytime.
There is a certain kind of tree there that i dont know what it is? which i will try and get a good picture of today and maybe somebody on the board can help me identify...

Even Buddy doesnt want anything to do with her ;-)

loon

DSC00366-1.jpg

Ya she is rotti ;-P

Went and pulled these out of the swamp earlier and was wondering if anyone knows what they are? Swamp Maple?

thanks...loon

DSC00372-1.jpg

they are a hard and tall tree and will put up a pick later of a split.

oh! and like Emma, they have a stink :lol:

got some maples up here that have similar bark. not sure of exact type though. Have you had a look @ a split yet? Curious as to type of grain.

My buddy across the road says he thinks its Red Ash and says the bark isnt the same as the white? sure does split like ash rotti ;-)

DSC00378-1.jpg

also had a little help today :cheese:

loon

DSC00384-1.jpg

I think your neighbor might be right on. What do Buddy and Stinky think?

Went over to the other farm today and god forbid me not to take the tractor or 4 wheeler ..no i had to take my truck :p

DSC00385-1.jpg

wrangled outta that mess..

DSC00386-1.jpg

then got back to the house with another broken Stihl >:-( and i guess Emma thought that was funny? :mad: :lol:

loon

DSC00391-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.