Woodstove Bans in Ontario in 2025?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mo Lake

Oct 25, 2021
Muskoka, ontario, canada
I am building a new house in ON, Canada in May'24 and want to install a new wood stove. However the reseller mentioned something about woodstove bans in 2025. Anyone know? Apparently Regency is pulling their woodstove products? Thx.

Sounds like blowing smoke unless there is a new local ordinance. Check with other stove dealers in the area.

Reactions: Mo Lake
Sounds like blowing smoke unless there is a new local ordinance. Check with other stove dealers in the area.
Yeah I am having a hard time finding our about Ontario. But and Quebec apparently have a plan to do so. The cost is about $10k + $5K to install my old one downstairs so worries about spending that to have to stop using them next year.

Looks like Quebec City is just tightening up regulations to ensure that only clean burning stoves are allowed.

Reactions: Mo Lake