Bundle UP Canucks-Enviroment Canada Says Coldest Weather In 15 Years!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Now isn`t that sweet "not". :down: Here on Van.Isle maybe 25cm of snow this weekend. Man that 7 cords of firewood out there in my woodsheds is looking like Gold right now. Stay warm.

-7 tonight + 80km/hr winds....predicting 6" of snow this weekend, bring it on :coolgrin:

Taken from above news story:
...."The problem is that the beer fridges are mostly decades-old machines that began their second careers as beverage dispensers when Canadians upgraded to more energy-efficient models to store whatever Canadians eat besides doughnuts and poutine."...

They forgot back bacon.
:lol:

It's the storm coming Sunday night that you'll want to be ready for sonny. It'll be getting warm, but very windy. Center of the low is something like 955mb.

Just keep the white stuff and cold north of 43.06N will ya! Just keep it up in the great white north ! Dont need none of your clippers this winter send them north ah.

Anyone can make a prediction about the weather. Oct was warm so every so called expert said it looked like another mild winter. Now it gets cold in Nov, and they change the forcast to a cold winter? I'm just going to sit back and take whatever mother nature wants to dish out. Suppose to get 10" of snow today, bring it on!

Danged Global Warmin'

Ever seen a Manatee in Memphis?

I watched the video and have seen others like it, but can someone from the cold north explain what is going on? Does the coffee just all flash into steam, or is it falling to the ground as little ice pellets? I could try it here, but all I get is a wet coffee shower.

Because it is so cold and VERY DRY the coffee essentially vaporizes and becomes part of the atmosphere.

Todd said:
Anyone can make a prediction about the weather. Oct was warm so every so called expert said it looked like another mild winter. Now it gets cold in Nov, and they change the forcast to a cold winter? I'm just going to sit back and take whatever mother nature wants to dish out. Suppose to get 10" of snow today, bring it on!

I'll never forget when I was a boy in the 40's and 50's the predictions were that by the year 2000 we would no longer need winter coats (Michigan). In the 60's the predictions were for a coming ice age. Same for most of the 70's. Since then it has once more been leaning on the warming side. What will it be in 10 more years?

You savage old beast you-just kidding. I do happen to think that this time the weather people are right on the money. I`m getting up there, hopefully not as old as you ;-) But at least here in the PNW we have had it kinda easy for almost too long. Global warming, hmmm , we had a mini ice-age in the 1860s I believe. So who knows, but this crap does seem to go in cycyles, and we are about due. I mean due for a cold winter, maybe BEgreen can add to this, he is right across the border, not far away. Of course, if he chimes in and talks about past weather patterns, well, that would mean he would be (an old fart, just like you and me). So, maybe nothing from him. I don`t know about you, but I have worked outdoors most of my life, so quite weather conscious. This does "feel" like a bad one though. At least for this part of NA.....

I too have worked outdoor most of my life and weather has always fascinated me. I should have studied it and become a forecaster maybe.

We too have had some pretty mild winters. Two years ago though we had the most snow this area has ever seen. Since then, hardly nothing. As for this winter, I do not expect a hard winter at all but do expect it to be a little colder than last year. We had an unusually cold October last year, very warm this year. Last year early Nov was cold and then it warmed. It stayed relatively warm then through January. February and March were cold.

This year I do not expect much snow but would not be surprised to see more ice storms. Also not too cold at least no extended cold snaps. Time will tell.

I agree that things go in cycles. There are all types of cyclye; motorcycles, Bicycles, Tricycles, weathr cyles, menstral, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.