Does this happen to anyone else?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
they not gonna buy anything, thats whole problem.. i mean, yea, bumming light bulbs, food, gas, tools, etc. etc... but I asked them all spring/summer/fall if they needed help getting some wood.. ---nope gonna use propane.... then soon as it gets cold..... um can you spare some wood?... which I did...see how it goes this year.. lol
Sounds like you need to come up with some better excuses:
  • I split all that wood and then realized it was pine. I won't let you set your house on fire because of my mistake.
  • That wood is way too wet to burn this year. I set aside some nice dry elm rounds for you--all you have to do is split them!
  • If I give you some wood then the guys on hearth.com will make fun of my puny stacks when I post pictures there!

Reactions: osagebow and Jeffm1
Think ill go with number 3, as they don't care to burn wet, freshly cut wood... they also know the difference between pine any my nice stack of oak and hickory and beech. 3 it is!