Burning in, she's beautiful ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Hearth Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
Well, it is exactly what I wanted. Currently on her second burn. First burn got just over 400, this one it a little over 800 flue temp. Stove top was about 200 for the first and now at about 500. Definately smelly, but it's nice (and a little strange) to have the windows open and still be warm.

Here is the evendence ...

Attachments

• IMG_8420.jpg
    IMG_8420.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_8430.jpg
    IMG_8430.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 644
Oh I love that stove! When I grow up I'm getting one. Enjoy

Beautiful. Congrats

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Oh I love that stove! When I grow up I'm getting one. Enjoy
As much as your new avatar makes me laugh....I kind of miss the hen!

Nice fire shot! Welcome to the clan Alderlea. That should keep the cold away for you.

Thanks everyone. We're supposed to get up to 15cm (1/2 foot) of snow by tomorrow morning. I'm ready!

Yes, glad it's heading north. Hoping for rain here but the temp just dropped 7 degrees and I just peeked outside to see a light dusting of snow.

WOW! I think you get the prize for best photo of a stove in use. Beautiful stove too!

The secondaries from this stove are lighting up nicely, and I think that helps with the picture. That and I took about 15 pics and posted the best one. :coolsmile:

Coaling nicely now, but with the tiny box on this thing I can tell I'll be loading a lot. Oh well, it's not ment to be my primary heat and the T5 would invade my living room too much (only 200 sq ft).

Are you closing the air down all the way once the wood is fully engaged like in the picture?

Once she gets up to goal temp, I shut her down. Wind is such that a clamp right down is required as soon as temp is reached. Just did another load, charred them up and now she's crusing at 600.

I guarantee you I wouldn't hit the ground running like this without this site so thanks again everyone.

First time I've been this comfortably warm in this kind of weather since I moved in 8 years ago, and the windows are still open! The smell isn't nearly as bad now, so I might close things up and see what happens.

Good job all around!

The stove is beautiful, and that's a particularly clean, simple, attractive, functional hearth.

Burn long, and prosper!

Looking good, Creature. That was the stove I was aiming for when I started looking for my Man Cave heater. Ultimately decided on the T5 and couldn't be happier, but have always wanted to see the T4 in action, just to see it, as there aren't too many on here that have one. Congrats!

When you get bored and have time on your hands, I would love to see some picks from the side of the stove and the firebox. I just want to see how much smaller it really looks (depth-wise) compared to the T5. Thanks!!

Beautiful. One of the best looking stoves on the market today, easily.

Very nice! I love the look of cast iron...

Ray

Great shot. No window on mine, so I have to live off others photos. Do not forsee getting one in the near future as mine is in the unfinished basement.

Great looking stove . . . and I like the stone hearth that it sits on.

Nice pics, great looking stove and hearth! Congrats. I've never seen one burning in person, but they had me with the pics of the slidding trivets/warmers. I remember the first time I saw the Alderlea on-line. I sometimes visit a local dealer who has this line in his shop. It's like going to the park for me, he has such a variety of brands.
Beautiful stove!

Dunno VC, I keep thinking a cat stove is the way to go, like you have, but clearances (and space) are an issue for me so I ended up with the Alderlea T4. It would be nice to get an extended burn, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is my supplemental heat, not primary.

It sure is fun to run it though, and I get to start teaching the girlfriend how to run it tonight. I know she'll be happy with the warmth but she'll be afraid of it at first. A couple of people at work are all "You loaded it up and went to bed?" ... Me: "yup" ... Them: "and you went to work with it running?" ... Me "of course". They look at my like I'm trying to burn my house down .. too funny. City folk .. oh hang on ... I am one (that grew up with wood heat).

Nice move on getting your 2461 into the fireplace, looks good.

Creature said:
Dunno VC, I keep thinking a cat stove is the way to go, like you have, but clearances (and space) are an issue for me so I ended up with the Alderlea T4. It would be nice to get an extended burn, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is my supplemental heat, not primary.

It sure is fun to run it though, and I get to start teaching the girlfriend how to run it tonight. I know she'll be happy with the warmth but she'll be afraid of it at first. A couple of people at work are all "You loaded it up and went to bed?" ... Me: "yup" ... Them: "and you went to work with it running?" ... Me "of course". They look at my like I'm trying to burn my house down .. too funny. City folk .. oh hang on ... I am one (that grew up with wood heat).

Nice move on getting your 2461 into the fireplace, looks good.

HehHeh . . . you should look at them and ask, "Wait a minute . . . you didn't turn off the natural gas/propane to the gas furnace/boiler before going to bed . . . and then this morning you left for work without turning off the gas? You do realize that gas is explosive right and is responsible for a lot of carbon monoxide poisonings?" ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
HehHeh . . . you should look at them and ask, "Wait a minute . . . you didn't turn off the natural gas/propane to the gas furnace/boiler before going to bed . . . and then this morning you left for work without turning off the gas? You do realize that gas is explosive right and is responsible for a lot of carbon monoxide poisonings?" ;) :)

That is exactly the direction the conversation went :)

Hard not to login to the webcam and look at it, too. Nothing but coals already.

Can't wait to get home later and fire it up again, but I think I'll head up the mountain and do some skiing first.

Great looking stove and I can well imagine that it is super great finally being warm! Good luck on the snowfall. It seems to be on both coasts.

nice stove. gotta be one of the best burn photos ive seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.