Buying one fireplace to heat 3 rooms

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man am I curious. I would really like to see that construction project. Any chance you could do a photo journalist documentation of the project? I am fascinated to see the differences and similarities. Don't want to put pressure on you, but it would be a real education to see the blend of the Old World skills, new (at least to us, 'mercans) products and techniques. Some European technologies are way ahead of the States.

Please, please, please?????

Thanks for the information BeGreen and Gooserider.

UncleRich said:
Man am I curious. I would really like to see that construction project. Any chance you could do a photo journalist documentation of the project? I am fascinated to see the differences and similarities. Don't want to put pressure on you, but it would be a real education to see the blend of the Old World skills, new (at least to us, 'mercans) products and techniques. Some European technologies are way ahead of the States.

Sure! I was planning to take some photos through the installation (if the guys installing wouldn't mind of course). I was going to ask if it was ok to make a thread about my installation, uploading the photos and you can see what material is used and how.

I'm glad I can sort of contribute something as well! :)

Starter said:
Thanks for the information BeGreen and Gooserider.

UncleRich said:

Sure! I was planning to take some photos through the installation (if the guys installing wouldn't mind of course). I was going to ask if it was ok to make a thread about my installation, uploading the photos and you can see what material is used and how.

I'm glad I can sort of contribute something as well! :)

It would be great to either start a new thread, or keep adding onto this one, whichever is easier... (If you do start a new thread, it would be good to put a link from this thread to the new one and vice versa, so that people can follow the entire story)

Seeing a good batch of pictures of the installation and so forth is a great way to contribute to our knowledge - this has been a fun project for us as well since we've had to look at how things are done outside the areas we are used to,

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.