Buying used Jotul f600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jessw024

Mar 6, 2017
Boston
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Hi All!

I am buying a used Jotul f600. It has chipped enamel on the top, the owner said he spilled water on top. He told me he just got it serviced in December and put new baffles and blanket in. He sent me the invoice from the work he did. I am paying $750 including delivery. Does this seem like a fair price? I did attach a few videos he sent me too.

Does any one have any pictures of an enamel stove with touch up enamel paint on it? I don't think the chipped enamel will bother me too much but would be interested to see what touch up looks like.

Thank you!
Jessica

Attachments

• IMG_5677.mp4
    4.2 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_5678.mp4
    2.8 MB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me . . . but when someone says their stove has some chipped enamel or a water stain due to some water spilling . . . I typically picture a stove with maybe a single small chip . . . or two . . . or three . . . not something that looks like it has been sandblasted repeatedly. Again . . . it could just be me and my expectations.